Mind Limitations

 


Hiya!🤗 How have you been?

In the last few months, I have been drawn to the power that our minds wield over our lives. I've found out that it's easy to be yielded in our spirits, but our minds are a totally different ballgame. We tell God that He can do whatever He pleases with and through us, but, in truth, our minds are screaming "No!"

This is how we limit God in our minds. God works with the capacity that we place in His hands; in this case, your mental capacity or mental space. And I'm not speaking in terms of intelligence or brilliance. It's actually more about how open you are in your mind to what God wants to do through and in you. 

How big a dream are you willing to dream with God? Is there a limit to how far you can see, with God?

If, for instance, you're believing God for a breakthrough in your business or career, it's very possible that your spirit has already received it but your mind is still keeping it away. It's possible that you will even receive the breakthrough but it will be very different from what God had in mind for you, because your mind couldn't carry what He had in store.

Wide open spaces. That should be our aim. That we would be so renewed in our minds that  any level of transformation God wants to work on us will be possible (Mind renewal leads to life transformation; Rom. 12:1). Impossibility only exists because of our mindsets. Scriptures clearly state that with God nothing is impossible. So if we experience impossibility in any form, our minds are probably to be blamed. Sometimes, we even begin to doubt that God will answer our prayers before whilst we're still praying! Little wonder James says that the man who doesn't believe shouldn't think that he will receive anything from God. Mind limitations.

What informs mind limitations? Background. Culture. Environment. Relationship circles. Your past experiences. Other people's experiences. These are just a few. Let me know in the comments if you have any more to add. 

So, if "impossible" does not exist with God, how can we eliminate it from our own lives as well? I'll share a few points on this;

+ Identify your own mind limitations and deliberately disconnect yourself from them. This is a gradual process and may take a while, but keep at it.

+ Be open. One thing that empowers mindset limitations is being close-minded. It mustn't always be the way you've known it to be all your life. It mustn't always be done in a certain way. Be flexible and be open to new methods. God's plans don't change, but, sometimes, His methods do. When this happens and we are close-minded, we end up shutting out what God wants to do because we don't recognise the method; it's not the pattern we're used to do. Then we complain later that God didn't do what He said🤦‍♂️

+Explore. Get exposed. Consume resources that will expand your horizon. Travel. Meet new people. Try new dishes (this one is for me😁).

+Allow God's written and spoken word to renew your mind. If He has said it then believe it. See yourself in it through your mind's eye. Dream with God. Don't settle for less. Don't entertain any doubt. As you begin to take God at His word, you'll begin to think as He thinks and your mindsets and perspectives will begin to align with His. As far as your (mind's) eyes can see...


Confess this with me:

I believe for bigger! I take out the hindrances in my mindset and perspectives. I present you Father with a blank mental slate. Renew my mind and realign my mindset for transformation. I will no longer limit you with my background and perspectives; I will no longer put a lid on what you can do with me or through me. I am a yielded vessel, not just in my spirit but also in my mind. My mind is now a wide-open space for you. A limitless field for you!  No walls. No limits. Anything, and everything, is possible. God's reality has  become my reality as I align my mindset with His. My faith is upgraded to believe for anything and my mind is open to accommodate all that You want to do. I'm open to believe for what you can do, and you can do anything! Therefore I can do anything!

Let your mindset be that anythingeverything is possible! You're working with God, the One with whom no impossibility exists.

Till our next discourse...

Your friend,

Precious

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love's Response

Free Expert Editing for Authors and Startup Organisations

Inside Work