Listen And Be Edified

Hey there!!!

Trust you're doing great today...

February went by so quickly! Well, thank God for the February; now, we await March!

Today, I'll be taking us through the path of a song I stumbled on recently: Spirit lead me ft. Micheal Ketterer. This is song is super amazing!

A line in the chorus of this song says: I'm done chasing feelings. In these times, when things seem rough and tough, we get so carried away sometimes that we forget to breathe and let God lead us; we get so caught up in the happenings around us that we unconsciously take over the steering wheel from the One Who ought to be leading us.

Whether it's worrying, getting anxious, doubting, or any other action devoid of faith, we must learn to consciously, constantly and consistently surrender to the leading of the Spirit. I've always told myself, worry (and anxiety) doesn't change anything about the situation. If God is working on it, why should I lose sleep over it as well? He doesn't slumber so I can relax and let Him take the lead while I follow. Besides, it brings Him honour and praise when He leads me (Psa. 23:4 NLT)

I particularly love the bridge of the song:

When all hope is gone,
And Your word is all I've got,
I have to believe
You still bring water from the rock
To satisfy my thirst
To love me at my worst
And even when I don't remember
You remind me of my worth

I don't trust my ways
I'm trading in my faults
I lay down everything
"Cause You're all that I want
I've landed on my knees
This is the cup You have for me
And even when it don't make sense
I'm gonna let Your Spirit lead


Think on those lines for a moment: When all hope is gone... And Your word is all I've got... I have to believe (even if my flesh and mind are refusing to) You still bring water from the rock!

Even when it doesn't make sense... This is where a lot of us have an issue. We can trust God right up till this point - when it no longer makes sense. We think that God's leading should make logical sense to us, forgetting that there's a reason the bible says we do not walk by sight - human senses and feelings.

I was recently studying the story of Jesus and the demon possed boy in Mark 9, whose father asked Jesus to heal His son "if He could". Jesus' response was epic:

"What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." (Mark 9:23 NLT)

So, it's not a question of God's ability to lead us in the right path; rather, the question is, do we trust Him enough to trust His leading?

Anything - including being led in the right path by God's Spirit - is possible if you will only believe.


Shalom!

Precious.


Spirit Lead Me (Influence Music ft. Micheal Ketterer)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love's Response

Inside Work

Free Expert Editing for Authors and Startup Organisations